[tlhIngan Hol] When we return from the battlefield, who will we be then ?

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Wed Jun 29 07:35:58 PDT 2016

mayqel qunenoS <mihkoun at gmail.com>:
>> 'ach manenchoHtaHvIS, vIt Qatlh wItlhoj ; wIH yIn. 'oy' law' tu'lu'bej
>> 'ej DIlmeH Huch Hutlh pagh.

ghunchu'wI':
> "...[A]nd nobody lacks payment money." That doesn't seem to fit the tone
> of your message. Did you choose the wrong word, or leave off a negation

FYI mayqel, in addition to {DIlmeH Huch}:

  Dochvetlh DIlmeH Huch 'ar DaneH
  How much do you want for that? TKD

there's a noun from Klingon Monopoly (MKE): {qav'ap} "value, rent, sum, etc."  The basic idea seems to be a specific amount of money owed or agreed upon:

voHDajbo' qav'ap
mortgage value MKE

HoSHal ghajchugh vay', mI' naghmey tIronmoH.  wa'maHlogh
 boq'egh mI' naghmey;  chen qav'ap.  ghajwI'vaD qav'ap yIDIl.
If [energy source is] owned, throw dice and pay owner a total
 ten times amount shown. MKE

pIraqSIS HoS waw' ghajlu'chugh, loSlogh boq'egh mI' naghmey
 mI';  chen qav'ap
If Praxis Energy Facility is owned, rent is 4 times amount
 shown on dice. MKE

Duj ghajchugh vay', cha'logh boq'egh qav'ap motlh;  chen
 qav'ap le'.  ghajwI'vaD qav'ap le' yIDIl.
If [ship is] owned, pay owner twice the rental to which
 they are otherwise entitled. MKE

Notice the idiom:

  ghajwI'vaD qav'ap yIDIl
  pay owner the amount (of money)

  ghajwI'vaD qav'ap le' yIDIl
  pay owner the special amount (of money)

Hmm... What makes a {qav'ap} special {le'}?  Maybe "specific amount"??

Another new economics noun from qepHom 2015 is {ghogh'ot}:

(MO > Lieven (10/29/2015)):  Here are some more words related to paper: a letter, that is a message written on a sheet of paper and sent to someone is a {nav QIn} ... A bill, a payment request, something you must pay, is a {ghogh'ot}.

--
Voragh
tlhIngan ghantoH pIn'a'