[tlhIngan Hol] Can I use verb type 9 suffix {-wI'}, after other suffixes ?

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Mon Jun 27 06:50:08 PDT 2016

On 6/27/2016 9:40 AM, mayqel qunenoS wrote:
> Can I place the verb type 9
> suffix, on a verb which has another verb suffix, preceding ?

Sure, why not?
> Of course the question would be : "why would you want to ?". Right now
> I can't think of a reason.

On Facebook recently someone used *taybe'wI'*/someone uncivilized./ But
I can think of more complicated words. Here's one:
*HIvqangbe'qa'wI'*/someone unwilling to attack again./

I would hesitate to include any type 1, 6, or 8 suffixes on a *-wI'*
verb. 1, because I'm not sure about how the reflexive nature of the word
interacts with *-wI'* (but I'd probably accept something like
*HIvchuqwI'*/those who attack each other/). 6, because there are
analogous noun suffixes to do the same thing, except *-chu',* which
seems more important to a noun's fundamental meaning. 8, because *-neS*
would be more appropriate on the main verb of the sentence, not tucked
away inside a noun.