[tlhIngan Hol] Hochpu'

mayqel qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 00:46:14 PDT 2016

voragh and SuStel, thank you for replying ;

I wanted to find a way, in order to use {Hoch} on its own, without a
noun needing to be "directly next to it or directly before it".

I hadn't thought that it can be used on its own, without a suffix
being attached to it, and for this reason I -erroneously- assumed that
the only way to achieve that, was by adding the plural suffix {-pu'}.

Luckily, after reading all those canon sentences (thank you Ca'non
master !), I realized how one can use the {Hoch}/{HochHom} on its own.

But, reading these canon sentences, I must comment the following :

> quv vuv nuv pagh ghajbogh neH
> Honor is for those with nothing to lose! PB

I can't understand why the translation is given this way ; I'm only
reading "people respect honor merely possess nothing"

> tlheDDI' quvmoHmeH veng HeHDaq lutlha' SaD law' nuvpu'
> Thousands followed him to the edge of the city, to bid him farewell. PB

Shouldn't the {quvmoHmeH} have the verb prefix {lu-} ? As I understand
the translation of the klingon sentence, it goes "thousands of people
followed him to the edge of the city, in order to honor him (THEY
honor HIM), when/as soon as he would depart/departed.

mop Hurgh