[tlhIngan Hol] Disturbing irregularities

mayqel qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 08:42:02 PDT 2016

ok, as I understand this to be, these are the rules :

1. in questions (who are you, what is this, what is your, who is he
etc) the {'Iv} and {nuq}, can be placed either in the beginning or at
the end of the sentence.

examples : a. {'Iv SoH}, {SoH 'Iv}
                  b. {nuq 'oH}, {'oH nuq}
                  c. {nuq mI'lIj}, {mI'lIj nuq}
                  d. {Dochvam nuq} {nuq Dochvam}

2. in questions like c and d, the placement of {'oH} (in the middle of
the sentence) is optional.

3. when someone is answering these questions, and he says "it is a..",
"he is a..", "he is..", then "the answer ALWAYS comes first, followed
by the appropriate {jIH}, {ghaH}, {'oH}".

examples : mayqel jIH
                  SuStel SoH
                  tera'ngan ghaH
                  Ha'DIbaH 'oH

4. However, if the answer goes "my number is 2242221313", then we ALWAYS write :

2242221313 'oH mI'lIj'e'

right ?

(please say yes, please say yes, please say yes, please say yes,
please say yes, please say yes, please say yes, please say yes, please