[tlhIngan Hol] Disturbing irregularities

mayqel qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 06:18:46 PDT 2016

De'vID:
> Saying {jIH mayqel} is like saying "Me Tarzan".
> It'll be understood, but it's not grammatical.

thank you for replying ; however what you wrote, contradicts SuStel's
input which is the following :

SuStel :
> A Klingon to-be sentence expresses the idea X = Y. 'elaDya'ngan jIH
> me = Greek; mayqel jIH me = Michael. There is no a, an, or the in Klingon."

if X=Y, then Y=X right ?

furthermore, SuStel wrote..

SuStel :
> You should more or less ignore the ideas of subject and object with regard to to-be sentences.

I can understand ignoring the ideas of subject and object with regard
to to-be sentences ; but how placing the {mayqel} after the {jIH} is
able to produce "me michael" ? Since in to-be sentences X=Y and vice
versa, if {jIH mayqel} produces "me michael", then {mayqel jIH} must
produce the same result too. right ?

I am confused now ; just as I was beginning to understand..