[tlhIngan Hol] Disturbing irregularities

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Tue Jun 21 06:39:55 PDT 2016

Other examples of "action" - which as SuStel pointed out is not the same as movement --  "in a direction away from the noun suffixed with {-vo'}":

 naDevvo' jIleghlaHchu'be'
  I can't see well from here. CK

 chaq SoHvo' vay' vIje' vIneH
  [Maybe I'd like to buy something from you.] PK

 betleHvo' qotar mInDu' mIghDaq boch 'otlh
  Light reflects off the bat'leth into Fek'lhr's
   evil eyes. PB [sic! for {veqlargh mInDu'}]

Another having to do with transmitting messages:

 HoD, yo'SeH yaHnIvvo' potlh De' wIHevtaH
  [Captain, we are receiving a priority message from
   (Fleet) Operations Command.] (ST5 notes)

... and yet another from the very same "Message to Kronos":
 ghe'naQ Daqvo' QInvam wIlab.
  We will place a homing device transmitting this
   message at the site of the opera. ('U'-MTK)

{lab} "transmit data (away from a place)" already has an element of direction, but away from which place?  {ghe'naQ Daqvo'} "from the site of the opera".  (Okrand chose to ignore the bit about placing a homing device;  interested Klingons are perfectly capable of homing in on the signal without being prompted.  Consider it translator's license.)

--
Voragh
tlhIngan ghantoH pIn'a'