[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: ghel

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Fri Jun 17 08:43:04 PDT 2016

On 6/17/2016 11:30 AM, mayqel qunenoS wrote:
>> lutlhob <naDevvo' vaS'a'Daq majaHlaH'a'?>
>> They ask him, "Can we get to the Great Hall from here?" PK
> Apparently, this sentence and subsequent translation, must come way
> before the details which concern the use of verbs of movement were
> clarified.

Correct: /Power Klingon/ came before the Okrand interview that explained
verbs of motion.

One need not apply the rule too strictly, however. If there is the
occasional contradiction, especially one that came before the rule was
given to us, we can overlook it as a mere exception, or even an error.

> It is one thing to say that klingon does not tolerate redundancy, so
> we should omit useless words, prefixes or suffixes ;

As a matter of fact, Klingon does tolerate redundancy, more than English
in some cases. However, the immortal advice of William Strunk still
applies: omit needless words.