[tlhIngan Hol] 'e' x-lu' SAO with neH

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Tue Jun 14 08:51:13 PDT 2016

On 6/14/2016 11:28 AM, mayqel qunenoS wrote:
> But what happens if I want to say "..someone wants to give you a
> cat.." ? On one hand we can't write {SoHvaD vIghro' noblu' 'e'
> neHlu'}, and at the same time, we can't write {SoHvaD vIghro' noblu'
> net neHlu'} either.
>
> So, what's the deal ? The only solution I can think of is {SoHvaD
> vIghro' nob vay' neH vay'}.

*SoHvaD vIghro' noblu' neHlu' *or***SoHvaD vIghro' nob vay' neH vay'*
are both correct, as are various other combinations of *-lu'* and
*vay'.* Also valid is using the prefix trick for the latter sentence:
*vIghro' Dunob vay' neH vay'.*

Of course, *-lu'* means more than /someone;/ it means /an entity I'm not
going to specify./

One might also question whether the two *vay'* in the second sentence
are the same *vay'.* You could clarify this with something like *vIghro'
Dunob vay' neH vay'vam.*