[tlhIngan-Hol] Picard and the crystalline entity

mayqel qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 00:11:51 PDT 2016

SuStel
> HoSDo 'oHbe'law' qut Dep
ghunchu'wI'
> You probably want {qut} "crystal".

oh yes ! you're right ! I had forgotten that we had the word {qut}.

jIH
> reH pIqarD wIparqu'. 'op ben, DaH.. reH !
ghunchu'wI'
> For what group are you speaking?

I used the plural prefix, in order to practice the "royal we". I
remember some time in the past, we had described a usual problem,
where someone learns to spontaneously use the first person prefixes,
only to eventually become totally unaccustomed to the rest of them. At
that thread someone had written, that in order for someone to overcome
this problem, he needed to practice the "royal we".

Anyway, because I realize now, that this could cause confusion to the
reader, from now on I will specify at the beginning of the post, that
I will be using the "royal we".

ghunchu'wI'
> urghwI' QujlaH.
> 'orwI' po' ghaH.
> Qubchu'mo' vIt SamlaH.
> yanlaH.
> tayqeq tIQ yajlaH.
> tlhIngan cha'DIch gheSlaH.
> jorwI' lInglaH.
> pe'vIl mu'qaDmey bachlaH.
> borgh buq'Ir Qaw'laH jay'.

ghunchu'wI' bIlugh. laH Dojqu' bIH laH'e' DaDelbogh.
ghunchu'wI' you are right. the abilities which you described are impressive.

'ach..
but..

vaQbe' pIqard - HoDqoqvam - ;
picard - this so called captain - isn't aggressive.

HoD bIvaQmeH, beqlI'vaD chut wa'DIch DalobHa'nISlaH.
in order to be an effective captain, for the benefit of your crew you
need to be able to defy the prime directive.

(is the {HoD bIvaQmeH} for "in order (for you) to be an effective
captain" correct ?)

meqvammo', HoD pov ghaH janeway HoD'e' neH.
because of this reason, only janeway HoD is a perfect captain.

meqvammo' neH, tagha' beqDaj toDta' janeway HoD.
only because of this reason, janeway HoD eventually saved her crew.

qaywI' rap bamchugh pIqarD, vaj chut'e' lobHa'ta'bogh janeway, not
lobHa'ta' pIqard.
if picard, faced the same problem, then he would never disobey the law
as janeway did.

'ej meqvetlhmo', beqDajvaD Seng..
and because of this reason his crew would pay the price..

mayqel qunnoQ