[tlhIngan-Hol] Second Test

qurgh lungqIj qurgh at wizage.net
Wed Jun 1 13:36:27 PDT 2016

On Wed, Jun 1, 2016 at 4:31 PM, SuStel <sustel at trimboli.name> wrote:

> On 6/1/2016 4:22 PM, qurgh lungqIj wrote:
>
>> I've changed the settings for the list so replies to list emails should
>> go to the list (instead of the poster as it is now).
>>
>> When this message arrives, please just click "Reply" (not Reply All) and
>> see if the address is tlhIngan-Hol at kli.org <mailto:tlhIngan-Hol at kli.org>.
>> It should be just tlhIngan-Hol at kli.org <mailto:tlhIngan-Hol at kli.org>,
>> but I can't tell until someone else sends a message directly to the list
>> (which could be done as a reply to this message). :D
>>

> When I hit Reply in Thunderbird, the To: field is thus:
>     The Klingon Language Institutes primary mailing list <
> tlhingan-hol at lists.kli.org>
>
> When I hit Reply List, I get:
>     tlhingan-hol at lists.kli.org

> Shouldn't both of these go simply to tlhingan-hol at kli.org? And do you
> really want "The Klingon Language Institutes primary mailing list" as the
> name in the header?

Those are the full names for the lists. Dreamhost adds an alias that is
List_Name at domain.blah. I'll see if I can tell it to use a specific reply-to
address.

The "The Klingon Language Institutes primary mailing list" was what I put
in for the option "A terse phrase identifying this list.". It didn't say it
would be used as the name in the header (and having never used this
software before I had no idea it would use it there). I'll change that to
something shorter.

qurgh