[tlhIngan Hol] lawn mower

Robyn Stewart robyn at flyingstart.ca
Tue Jul 26 18:38:54 PDT 2016

I poked my head in this thread to see why there was so much interest in lawnmowers.  I am in the camp that holds that chIp is a hair-specific verb, and that the object in question is a magh pe’wI’. I’d accept chIp for cutting the edges of things that resemble hair on a head, like maybe a trimming a shrub or the ends of curtains that hang down.

Someone else asked if a magh pe’wI’ was a ride-on mower or a scythe and I say yes.  It’s also a pair of nail scissors or anything else you use to pe’ your magh.

- Qov