[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: HanDogh

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Tue Jul 19 07:27:55 PDT 2016

> Klingon Word of the Day for Tuesday, July 19, 2016
>
> Klingon word: HanDogh
> Part of speech: noun
> Definition: nacelle

AFAIK never used in a sentence.

Klingons may call their nacelles - or the mechanism housed therein - {pIvchem lIngwI'} "warp field generators" or {pIvghor lIngwI'} "warp generator" (cf. KBoP Poster).

Weapons may be housed in the nacelles as well.  In 2268 Klingon battlecruisers fired green disruptor beams simultaneously from both nacelles. (TOS-R "Elaan of Troyius" & TOS "The Enterprise Incident")

TREKNOLOGY:
(ST Encyclopedia, 213):  In starship design, a large outboard structure that houses a warp drive engine. Nacelles generally incorporate powerful subspace field generation coils and sometimes have Bussard collectors to gather interstellar hydrogen. Most Federation starship designs feature two warp engine nacelles mounted parallel to the axis of flight. ... Gene Roddenberry insisted that starships have even numbers of nacelles.

"One of several propulsion units aboard space vessels, responsible for generating a warp field that allows faster-than-light travel." (KLS)

"We're losing potency in our antimatter pods." [and] "The antimatter pods are completely drained" (Scott, TOS "The Apple")

"We're venting drive plasma." [from the starboard nacelle after colliding with the USS Bozeman] (Data, TNG "Cause and Effect")

SEE ALSO:
bobcho' 			module

pIvghor  			warp drive
pIvghor lIngwI'  	warp generator (KBoP)
pIvghor lIngwI' DaH  	warp generation array (KBoP)
pIvghor pat  		warp drive system (KBoP)

pIvchem  			warp field (KBoP)
pIvchem lIngwI' DaH  	warp field generation array (KBoP)
pIvchem SeHwI'  		warp field controller (KBoP)

--
Voragh
tlhIngan ghantoH pIn'a'