[tlhIngan Hol] qep'a' cha'maH wej mu' chu' - New Words

Michael Roney, Jr. nahqun at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 12:23:54 PDT 2016

This is the first year that the new words have not been sent to the list in
text format.
We were directed to images on the KLI's site.
While I know there is a taboo against sharing one's full dictionary,
sharing the new words on this list is an annual occurrence.
Even more often when we get words from products like Monopoly or Talk Now!.
Someone has to take the time to type up the words.

Since the words normally show up as text, I can simply copy/paste them as I
please.
But this year, I had to type them myself.
I knew mistakes would creep in.
And knew others would have mistakes creep into their notes.
Which is why I also got notes from other sources and compared them to mine.

I also included the line "and have my results checked for errors and
omissions."
Stating, up front, that this might not be perfect, and asking for a
proofreader.

We look at other's personal lists every day.
qurgh's personal list show up as the KWOTD and are searchable on Hol 'ampaS.
De'vID 's personal list is searchable in boQwI'.
The New Word List is maintained by ghunchu'wI'. I can't really call this a
"personal" list, but it is a list maintained by a person.
Voragh shares his personal notes piece by piece as commentary (which,
honestly, is then copy/pasted into my personal notes)

And each of those sources has errors.
And when they come up, we discuss them, and (hopefully) the list owner
fixes the mistake in their database.

I have 363 pages of words and notes in my personal dictionary file.
I'm not about to share that or ask someone to proofread it.
But sharing and proofreading the 60+ new words before they join that
document sure seems like a good idea.

~naHQun