[tlhIngan Hol] muvchuqmoH. seriously ?

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Thu Jul 28 12:20:00 PDT 2016

On 7/28/2016 3:10 PM, Alan Anderson wrote:
> ja' André Müller:
> ja' SuStel:
>>> Ha! Ha-ha-ha! That's a good one.
>>>
>>> No way is that the reason. No one ever tries to use them together, or if
>>> they do, they're told it's ungrammatical, or questionable.
> ja' André:
>> Who tells them? You? ;)
> No, not him. In fact, SuStel regularly reminds people that they
> *should* use {-'eghmoH} when putting an imperative prefix on a verb
> expressing a state or quality.

Yes, let's limit this to *-chuq,* which has different rules than *-'egh.*

Clearly I can't produce a survey of the list's history, looking for
objections to *-chuq* and *-moH* together, but I would point out that
the original poster was confused at seeing *muvchuqmoH* take an object
despite the rules in TKD. He could only cite a /feeling/ that it was
wrong. Where did this feeling come from?