[tlhIngan Hol] New words at the qep'a'

Robyn Stewart robyn at flyingstart.ca
Sun Jul 24 03:27:57 PDT 2016

More likely to Petaluma, California.

-----Original Message-----
From: tlhIngan-Hol [mailto:tlhingan-hol-bounces at lists.kli.org] On Behalf Of
Russ Perry Jr.
Sent: 23 July 2016 23:50
To: tlhingan-hol at kli.org
Subject: Re: [tlhIngan Hol] New words at the qep'a'

And possibly this one:

'uma' n. petal

...is a reference to Uma Thurman as Poison Ivy?

On Jul 23, 2016, at 9:25 AM, nIqolay Q wrote:
> I found another one:
>
> {Suntay'} "pollen", sounds like (ge)sundheit. Pollen makes a lot of people
sneeze.

> On Sat, Jul 23, 2016 at 7:53 AM, Rhona Fenwick <qeslagh at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> ghItlhpu' nIqolay, jatlh:
> > There are a lot of good puns in this group of words. Here's the ones
I've found:

> (Pun spoilers ahead here too.)
>
> There are a few in there I noticed, but you've picked up on most of them
as well. Given the complexity of the "virus" one (which I didn't see), I'm
impressed you got it so quickly. Well done also on the DNA one - I got hung
up on the initial {roS-}, because one of the scientists who played a key
role in the discovery of DNA's structure was *Ros*alind Franklin.

> Another one is {yomIj} "neutron" which, when spelled backwards, is {jImoy}
"beloved Jim" - or "Jimmy", as in "Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius". And {'oynot}
"flesh" surely can't be anything but a Shakespearean reference: spelled
backwards again, it becomes {tonyo'} - that is, Antonio, the eponymous
Merchant of Venice from whom the moneylender Shylock sought his "pound of
flesh".

--
||  Russ Perry Jr  2175 S Tonne Dr #114  Arlington Heights IL 60005  ||