[tlhIngan Hol] New words at the qep'a'

nIqolay Q niqolay0 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 09:43:49 PDT 2016

There are a lot of good puns in this group of words. Here's the ones I've
found:

(Pun spoilers follow, if you're concerned about that sort of thing.)

{qImroq} "season". Backwards, it's {qormIq}. McCormick is a US brand of
food seasonings.
{roSghaH} "DNA". {roS ghaH} = "he licks" = "helix"
{HanDI'} "cell". "Handy" is German slang for a cell phone.
{lerup} "bacterium, bacteria". Backwards, it's {purel}. Purell is a brand
of anti-bacterial hand sanitizer.
{javtIm} "virus". This one took some thinking. {jav} = 6 = VI in Roman
numerals, {tIm} = Tim Russ, who played Tuvok. So virus = VI + RUSS = {jav}
+ Tim = {javtIm}
{DeSwar} "closet, cabinet, etc". {DeS} = arm, arm + {war} = armoire.
{bo'voD} "drawer". "Drawers" is also a slang term for underwear, and BVD is
a brand of men's underwear.
{turmIq} "urine". Reversing the syllable order gives {mIqtur}. Micturate is
a synonym for urinate.