[tlhIngan Hol] The book of our good captain

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Wed Jul 13 09:23:32 PDT 2016

Am 13.07.2016 um 17:54 schrieb mayqel qunenoS:
> I believe this settles the matter :

Hm... no, I think it does not.

> all these months I believed that all qao's are illegal. in dark of the
> above, I will be qao'ing as there's no tomorrow.

I still think they are illegal. Nothing from that email makes it clear
that QAO are legal, especially when using question words a relative
pronouns.

Please read the email correctly:

DloraH wrote 1998:
- You can not use a "question" as an object; [...]
- So basicly we didn't really get anywhere with this one yet. The safest
thing for now would be to recast if possible.

Felix' interpretation of 2011 seems wrong in my opinion, since the
phrase is not a real "question" as object; It cannot be used for all the
other questions. In this case, it's a normal question where the question
word "nuq" is used as a replacement for the answer. It's still a
question. If anything, this maybe only works with few questions words,
or maybe only with the verb "want"... it's not really clear.

I would not generalize that QAO is legal just because of this one example.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh