[tlhIngan Hol] The book of our good captain

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Wed Jul 13 01:38:56 PDT 2016

I believe this was not yeat answered, or did I miss it?

Am 04.07.2016 um 11:09 schrieb mayqel qunenoS:
> p.15 TGD:
>
> {chay' veSDuj'a' vIghajlaH DaH 'e' boyajchoH}
> now you're all beginning to understand how I'm able to own a great warship
>
> This is written as an example of a correct sentence, but I don't think
> that it is ; the {chay'} can't be used in this way.

You are feeling correct. This theoretical construction would be a
Question as Object, and has frequently been discussed as being not correct:

[chay' veSDuj'a' vIghajlaH?] - DaH 'e' boyajchoH

The problem is that in english (and many other languages), the question
words can function as relative pronouns, like "I know why you are here"
"I see what you did". That does not work in Klingon.

At least that's the latest information I know.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh