[tlhIngan Hol] Cleaning outdoor dogs ? Seriously ?

mayqel qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 02:17:42 PDT 2016

SuStel:
> The second sentence is correct. Think of
> {Dab} as meaning “inhabit” and it’ll make more sense.

maj.

So, since the {Hatlh luDabbogh Ha'DIbaHmey} is the correct choice,
then if I want to say "I enter the room", I will say {pa' vI'el} right
?

But I still can't understand.. If the {Hatlh luDabbogh Ha'DIbaHmey}
and the {pa' vI'el} are correct, then why don't we say too {quSDaq
vIba'}, for "I sit on the chair" ? If the answer is "because we have
the {-Daq} on the {qus}", then I will say that both the {Dab} and
{'el} have within them an integrated "in".

Unless of course both the "dwell/reside in/at and go in" have the
concepts of "in/at" working in an optional way.

In that case, if we disregarded the "in/at", then I understand we
could say "I dwell the house / I enter the room", thus justifying the
{vIDab} / {vI'el}.

Perhaps the answer lies on the meaning which the english sentence
tries to convey ; if it is "I inhabit the house" then {juH vIDab}, if
it is "I dwell in the house" then {juH jIDab}. Similarly, if the
meaning is "I enter the room" then perhaps the way to go is {pa'
vI'el}. But if it is "I go in the room" then {pa' jI'el}. On the other
hand, if the {'el} is to be considered a verb of movement then we
always need to say {pa' vI'el} and the plot thickens..

Anyway this is rather confusing, so if someone could shine some
darkness on the matter, I would surely appreciate it.

mIv Hurgh