[tlhIngan Hol] Children's Books and working toward a Graduated Reader

Michael Roney, Jr. nahqun at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 16:58:49 PDT 2016

As I've been studying Klingon since I was single and now have two
children ages 9 and 7, I've been wanting simple books like this for a
while now.
The simple cardboard books that I first think of teach things like
shapes and colors.

We've received new shape words recently enough, so a shape book could
probably be made.
A color book with 4 words seems rather... unimpressive, yet could
still be useful.

Something along the lines of a Richard Scarry book would be very
welcome, but I don't think we have enough "every day" terms for such a
project.

I've translated the children's classic Are You My Mother?, and someone
once posted Deep-fried Gagh (a play on Green Eggs and Ham), which I
would love to see illustrated.

Speaking outside of the KLI's publishing sphere, if you wanted to
translate an existing book, I believe the process is to contact the
publishing company and ask for Translation Rights. Books are
translated all the time, and they have a set process.
The normal fairy tales we all know are probably in the public domain,
and wouldn't need any special permissions.
And a generic children's book that teaches shapes and numbers will be
simple enough to make without directly translating an existing book.

~naHQun

--
~Michael Roney, Jr.
Freelance Translator