[tlhIngan Hol] muvchuqmoH. seriously ?

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Thu Jul 28 07:48:47 PDT 2016

"This suffix is used only with plural subjects. It is translated /each
other/ or /one another./ The prefix set indicating 'no object' is also
used when this suffix is used."

Exception.

The combination of *-chuq* and *-moH* have never been used prior to
/paq'batlh/, and no one on this list has ever pointed it out before mayqel.

New.

As far as valency and transitivity go, you can analyze Klingon sentences
like that, but I don't think Okrand thinks of them that way, and they
don't help predict unusual grammar. Those are semantic tools; Okrand is
obeying syntax and letting the semantics take care of themselves. The
subject *qeylIS* is performing an action; the direct object *Qo'noS
tuqmey* is having something done to it. Syntax, without regard to
meaning. That the houses are being made to join each other is irrelevant
to the placement of the subject and object. What's new and exceptional
is the verb's rule-breaking situation.