[tlhIngan Hol] qI'?

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Wed Jul 27 07:46:29 PDT 2016

On 7/27/2016 10:36 AM, Michael Roney, Jr. wrote:
> With all of this talk on {chIp}, I can't help but wonder how people
> feel about {qI'} sign (a treaty).

I believe it refers to the act of authorizing an agreement, legislation,
or order, not simply writing your name. "(a treaty)" is not just one
kind of thing you can sign; it is telling us which /sense/ of sign is
intended. If I write my name at the bottom of a letter, that is not
*qI'.* If the President of the United States writes his or her name at
the bottom of a bill, that is *qI'.*