[tlhIngan Hol] lawn mower

Michael Roney, Jr. nahqun at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 15:08:21 PDT 2016

English "mow" is limited to only cutting grass, grain, etc.

I'm in the camp that believes Klingon {chIp} is limited to only cutting
hair.

However, in English, it is not uncommon to hear one say that they are
"giving the lawn a haircut".
Though this is usually said to, or by, small children to help explain the
activity.

So, being an English speaker, I would understand what's going on.
But I wouldn't accept it as standard usage in either language.

Back to the original question, I'd be fine with {magh pe'wI'}.

~naHQun