[tlhIngan Hol] Cleaning outdoor dogs ? Seriously ?

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Sun Jul 10 13:22:41 PDT 2016

Am 10.07.2016 um 22:00 schrieb Alan Anderson:
> {Dab}; being lived in is what happens to its object. You could
> redundantly say {juHDaq vIDab} "I inhabit it at my house",

I think that even being redundant here still is wrong.
{juHlIjDaq nuq DaDab?}

> but I don't think {*vIba'} "I sit it" works.

Me neither. If it would take an object, it would be {quS *vIba'}. But as
we know that it's {quSDaq ba'lu'}, it seems clear that ba' does not take
an object.

See it as a clear locative: You can do many things on a chair:
{quSDaq jIba'}
{quSDaq jIQam}
{quSDaq jIQong}
{quSDaq jIyIt}