[tlhIngan Hol] Five Little Bunnies by Dan Yaccarino (Children's Book)

mayqel qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 08:49:54 PDT 2016

 > yuQvo' jIleng
 > I roam away from the planet (HQ Dec 1998)

although the {-vo'} inherently expresses the "moving away from
somewhere", I believe that {vIleng} would be better. The way it is
written, one cannot distinguish what is happening :

a. Am I just enjoying the ride which happens to be taking place away
from the planet, with the distance between me and the planet remaining
the same (perhaps I'm orbiting the planet at a very high altitude)
or
b. I'm moving in such a way that the distance between me and the
planet actually increases ?

If I read this sentence in light with what we know, with regards to
the verbs of movement, I would understand option a.

> Daq HopHa’Daq
> not far away

the {Daq} connected to the {HopHa'} is a typo, or the phrase goes
{(Daq HopHa')Daq} ? I mean the second {Daq} is a supposed to be
correctly migrated type 5 noun suffix, or a wrongly connected noun ?

other than that, I don't see the reason of choosing {-Ha'} on {Hop},
instead of {-be}.