[tlhIngan Hol] Five Little Bunnies by Dan Yaccarino (Children's Book)

mayqel qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 10:14:17 PDT 2016

'arHa':
> The first bunny said, "We're here! Let's stop!
> {mapawta’! mamevjaj!} jatlh Qa'Hom wa'DIch.
ghunchu'wI':
> I'm not sure {-jaj} is the right tool for this kind of "Let's do it"
> meaning. I'd simply say {mamev}, but it could just be a matter of
> style.

As a matter of fact, when I read 'arHa's original post, I thought of
commenting on this one but I didn't, because I wasn't 100% sure.

ghunchu'wI''s comment verifies my understanding of {-jaj} ; it is to
be used only in a manner of expressing a wish whether this is a
stand-alone wish, or it is a wish spoken during a toast.

I don't think {-jaj} can be used in order to express "are we allowed
to (whatever) or are we able to (whatever)".

Of course I could be wrong, and in that case, then please do tell me.

mop Hurgh qunnoq