[tlhIngan Hol] In space all warriors are cold warriors

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Mon Jul 4 10:12:11 PDT 2016

On 7/4/2016 5:26 AM, mayqel qunenoS wrote:
> indeed.. but there is a difference between "cold war" and "cold warrior".

/Star Trek VI/ is largely allegorical for the Cold War between the West
and the Soviet Union. The Berlin Wall had fallen, Gorbachev had
championed perestroika, and the future of the Cold War was uncertain.
So, while in isolation a /cold warrior/ might be a warrior who fights
without pity or remorse, in the allegorical context of /ST:VI/ General
Chang's comment about cold warriors is meant to evoke a warrior of the
Cold War.