[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: qegh

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Tue Dec 27 08:58:20 PST 2016

> Klingon Word of the Day for Sunday, December 25, 2016
>
> Klingon word: qegh
> Part of speech: noun
> Definition: vat, barrel (for storage of liquor)

(KGT 99):  Ale [{wornagh}] is often stored in a large vat ({qegh}) rather than in a {bal}.

(KGT 97):  The equipment needed for the preparation of Klingon food is rather minimal, consisting pretty much of pots or vats ... A square or rectangular tub used to hold food while it is fermenting is called a {'Ib}

Bloodwine is transported and stored in metal barrels (DS9 "Apocalypse Rising", DS9 "Warriors of the Empire").

(quljIb, 12/06/12):  "Martok refers a number of times to *cases* of bloodwine. I presume this is a box-shaped container {ngaSwI'}, convenient for shipping, with a standard number of bloodwine bottles {'Iw HIq balmey} therein."

PUN: "keg"

SEE ALSO:
'Ib 		tub
bal 		jug, jar, bottle