[tlhIngan Hol] Hoch context law' puS construction

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Tue Dec 27 06:36:20 PST 2016

On 12/27/2016 9:29 AM, mayqel qunenoS wrote:
> but if our intention is to use the law' puS in its comparative form,
> then would you accept in the formula: {A X law' B X puS}, the {B}
> (singular or plural) being in relation to a {Hoch} (either before, or
> after) ?
>
> with our intention being to form a comparative, would you accept {A X
> law' Hoch B(mey) X puS}, or {A X law' B(mey) Hoch X puS} ?

Yes. Logically, they may mean the same thing, but they are two different
ways of saying that thing.

*SuvwI''e' SoH Dun law' Hoch Dun puS
*/you are the greatest warrior/

*SoH Dun law' Hoch latlh SuvwI' Dun puS
*/you are greater than every other warrior/

Even in English these are said two different ways.