[tlhIngan Hol] How do you explain {'InSong} ?

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Sat Dec 10 05:24:19 PST 2016

Am 10.12.2016 um 13:50 schrieb mayqel qunenoS:
> I hadn't realized that ! the cvc refers to syllables ?

Like others said, this is not a written rule, more a general observation.

But yes, it applies to syllables when you say they follow the structure
CVC. Of course, as most word consist of only one sylable, it applies to
them as well.

Besides of -oy, no syllable starts with a vowel. That's important for
beginners who try to analyze long words, for instance: {DaSov} could
possible start with {DaS}, but {ov} cannot meaning anything. So that
word must be Da+Sov.

You have certainly obeserved that words can be stuck together with
suffixes, prefixes, and even nouns, so it is unavoidable that consonants
touch each other, creating seemingly strange combinations.

When I first read the word 'entepray' I was confused as I thought it
does not follow the system, having two syllables 'ente + pray' (like it
is in english). But then I found out that it perfectly follows the
pattern, saying 'en+tep+ray' :-)

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh