[tlhIngan Hol] How do I say "how much I love (whatever)" ?

mayqel qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 01:43:11 PST 2016

ghunchu'wI':
> I don't understand the question. What sort of
> answer would you expect? If you can tell me
> how you expect to quantify your love, I can
> help you ask what quantity of it you have.

In order to quantify love, of course we can't use numbers, however we
certainly can say:

I love (whatever) a lot
I am crazy about something
I slightly like whatever

..and so on

there are variations of intensity as far as feelings are concerned, and
when we ask someone "how much do you love/hate/like/dislike etc", we
inquire about the intensity of these feelings.

anyway..

after 9 hours of shut-eye (as americans say), I realized there is a way to
work-around this problem.

pelaD !

lets say we want to ask "how much do you love klingon ?". what are we
trying to do ? we want to force the recipient to tell us "how much he
loves".

obviously we can't use the {'ar} because this can only refer to nouns. but
we *can* say: {tlhIngan Hol DaparHa'qu''a'} or even {tlhIngan Hol
DaparHa'chu''a'}. essentialy we ask someone: "do you like klingon a lot ?"
or "do you perfectly like klingon ?" so, the recipient of the question is
forced to reply either accepting that he likes klingon a lot, or saying
that he dislikes it. or maybe even he will use more sentences describing in
detail the "if he likes/dislikes and how much".

whatever the case, I think that by the use of {tlhIngan Hol DaparHa'qu''a'}
and/or {tlhIngan Hol DaparHa'chu''a'} we're forcing an answer which will
define the "how much". either directly with a simple "yes", or indirectly
through an answer which will entail more sentences.

problem solved !

qunnoH jan puqloD
ghoghwIj HablI'vo' vIngeHta'