[tlhIngan Hol] to qaStaHvIS or not to qaStaHvIS

mayqel qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 09:26:19 PST 2016

ghunchu'wI':
> You have not yet demonstrated your
> understanding.

I wrote earlier my understanding of time span and time stamp, through the
dialogue which took place between me and SuStel. did you expect me to write
specific examples or something ?

As far as the {Soch DIS vorgh jIQuch}, is concerned, I still can't
understand where is the problem.

As SuStel said, {Soch DIS vorgh} is a time stamp. As was said earlier in
this thread, time stamps don't require the {qaStaHvIS}. So, in the {Soch
DIS vorgh jIQuch}, where is the problem ?

You can say that for you "it doesn't convey the desired
meaning/feeling/whatever". But is it ungrammatical ?

If the sentence utilized a time span instead i.e. {Soch DIS jIQuch}, then
for the reasons SuStel explained, it would be ungrammatical. But since it
uses a time stamp, then where is the problem ?

Can you explain with reasonable arguments why I can say {DaSjaj jIQuch},
while at the same time you are telling me that I cannot say {Soch DIS vorgh
jIQuch} ?

Or is the {qaStaHvIS} another glorious "maltz said so" ? because if it is,
then hey I'm all for it ! just tell me though, and save me the grief of
trying to understand obviously contradictory explanations.

qunnoH jan puqloD
ghoghwIj HablI'vo' vIngeHta'
SuvwI'pu'qoq Hol tughojmoHta'mo' Satlho'