[tlhIngan Hol] How do you explain {'InSong} ?

kechpaja kechpaja at comcast.net
Sat Dec 10 09:03:52 PST 2016

On Sat, Dec 10, 2016 at 10:54:58AM -0500, Michael Roney, Jr. wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 10, 2016 at 10:39 AM, kechpaja <kechpaja at comcast.net> wrote:
> >
> > On Sat, Dec 10, 2016 at 10:19:50AM -0500, Michael Roney, Jr. wrote:
> > > Speaking of syllables, there are 2,541 possible syllables in Klingon.
> >
> > How did you arrive at that number? I'm getting 2625 = 21 initials X 5
> > vowels X (24 finals + null final).
> >

> Did you subtract the (ow, ow', uw, uw') endings?

No — that makes more sense now.

I guess this leads to another question, though: do we actually have
reason to assume that {-oy} can be a syllable in its own right? Based on
the description given in KGT, I've always assumed that it was never
intended to be a valid syllable on its own, but rather would adopt the
final consonant of the preceding mopheme as its onset.

Do we have any canon examples of {-oy} being attached to a word that
ends in a vowel?

 - SapIr