[tlhIngan Hol] More on {-moH} and tritransitive verbs

Ed Bailey bellerophon.modeler at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 18:37:48 PST 2016

Now I know how many variables I can keep straight when they are represent
words in a sentence. Three.

As for your examples in 3.1 through 3.3, they're all ambiguous. But any one
of them would work if Klingons agreed upon it. Even putting {-vaD} on both
Z and K, if the order of the two had significance. In fact, I'd expect K to
come before Z, as you placed them, since K and Z would be the indirect
object and subject, respectively, of a sentence that omits the role of F.

Two things about 3.4 make it unworkable. First of all, a verb with {-lu'}
lacks a subject, so F can't follow it. Second, according to TKD and all (I
believe, correct me if I'm wrong) canon examples, {-vo'} is only used when
there is actual motion, so it won't work if gift is non-portable, and as
you seem to suspect, wouldn't work with {'ang} or {cha'} anyway, because
they generally don't involve motion away from the subject.

I fail to understand 3.5, but as rants go, it's blessedly short and mild.

~mIp'av