[tlhIngan Hol] Thoughts on {-moH}

mayqel qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 11:23:13 PST 2016

qurgh and SuStel, thank you for taking the time to explain all this !

..once more I came across an area of grammar, I was totally unaware of !
thank qeylIS for writing today's "the passing", during which I came across
this matter.

After reading your replies, I think I understand how this works;

the subject of the {-moH}ed verb causes the {-vaD}ed noun to do whatever
the verb says. the question however is "what prefix goes on the {-moH}ed
verb. and seemingly this is determined like this: the one who causes the
action is the subject, and whatever is before the {-moH}ed verb is the
object.

So, lets write some examples:

they caused us to see the cat
maHvaD vIghro' luleghmoH

they made you (plural) correct the student
tlhIHvaD ghojwI' lulughmoH

you (plural) made them touch the cat
chaHvaD vIghro' boHotmoH

we made you (plural) touch the cat