[tlhIngan Hol] to qaStaHvIS or not to qaStaHvIS

mayqel qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 09:06:42 PST 2016

for quite some time now, I am wondering as to the extent one must use the
{qaStaHvIS}.

my understanding is, that if we are talking about an event which takes
place once, there is no need for {qaStaHvIS}.

example:
DaSjaj matlheD
(on) monday we depart

on the other hand, if we talk of an event that lasts quite some time, then
the qaStaHvIS is (seemingly) required.

example:
qaStaHvIS DaSjaj jIvum
while monday is happening I work

so, here is my first question: in the aforementioned example {qaStaHvIS
DaSjaj jIvum}, is the {qaStaHvIS} necessary ? can't I just write {DaSjaj
jIvum} ?

maj..

moving on, my next question is "if we are talking of singular events which
take place multiple times, do we use the {qaStaHvIS} ?"

example:
on monday I kill four birds
do I write
{DaSjaj loS bo'Degh vIHoH}
or do I write
{qaStaHvIS DaSjaj loS bo'Degh vIHoH}

qunnoH jan puqloD
ghoghwIj HablI'vo' vIngeHta'
SuvwI'pu'qoq Hol tughojmoHta'mo' Satlho'