[tlhIngan Hol] Is the {je} necessary ?

mayqel qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 10:37:26 PST 2016

suppose I want to say: "this world, this life, I hate them". there are two
ways to proceed:

{qo'vam yInvam je vImuS}
{qo'vam yInvam vImuS}

I am wondering whether the {je} is necessary, thus making the second
sentence wrong.

I understand that perhaps at the second sentence one could get the meaning
that "I hate this life", and being left to wonder what's the story with the
{qo'vam}. but I think that context would clarify that.

or perhaps without the {je}, someone could read "I hate this life of this
world". but again, would this possible ambiguity be the problem, or is
there some grammar reason because of which I should use the {je} ?

perhaps I want this ambiguity, perhaps I find the feeling of this sentence
to be better without the {je}..

so, all I want to know is "is the {je} necessary" ? is there some grammar
reason because of which it is necessary ?

qunnoH jan puqloD
ghoghwIj HablI'vo' vIngeHta'