[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: De' QulwI'

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Thu Dec 29 12:50:09 PST 2016

Indeed.  See also from qepHom 2016:

  postal service             QIn tum
  post office (building)     QIn tum qach

The {QIn tum} has thousands of branches, sometimes dozens in the same city, but one over-arching agency or bureaucracy.  It seems obvious that {QIn tum qach} refers to a specific building.  Why are people confused by this?

> a private library would probably be just one building, and
> thus wouldn't need a separate "agency".

Depends on what exactly a {tum} is.  Does it refer to only government {qum} agencies or any kind of administration {loH}?  Here at the University of Chicago Library (where I work) consists of several specialized library buildings scattered over the south side of Chicago, but one central organization housed in the largest of them.

--Voragh

DloraH: