[tlhIngan Hol] {-lIvIS}

Ed Bailey bellerophon.modeler at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 05:07:34 PST 2016

On Fri, Dec 23, 2016 at 6:15 AM, mayqel qunenoS <mihkoun at gmail.com> wrote:

> but as you cleverly pointed out, there is a problem with the placement
> of {-neS}. If I want to say "while you were doing me the honor of
> being present", then is the {bISaHtaHneSvIS} correct ?

There's no rule against it. I was just supposing. But I'm pretty sure there
is no canon example of any suffix occurring between {-taH} and {-vIS}. I
can only speak for myself, but I expect for most {-neS} would seem like a
weird interruption, and if {-neS} were called for, would add it to the main
clause instead. (As for rovers, does anyone even have a definite idea what
effect {-qu'} or {-be'} would have following {-taH}?)

~mIp'av