[tlhIngan Hol] The mouth of Sauron

Aurélie Demonchaux demonchaux.aurelie at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 11:05:57 PST 2016

> De'vID:
> > romuluSngan HoH'eghmoHlaH'a' tlhIngan?
> I can't understand this.. "the klingon is able to make himself kill the
> romulan" ?
> Is this canon ?

The way I understand it is: "Can the Klingon make the Romulan kill himself?"

I think the problem is that we are not just in a structure of "X makes Y do
something", we've added " 'egh" in the mix.

So the Romulan is now both Subject and Object of its own action "HoH",
whereas "-moHlaH" refers to the Klingon's action.

In fact, within the verb construct, some parts refer to the Romulan's
action (The Romulan as the subject of <HoH'egh>) and the last suffixes
refer to the Klingon's action on the Romulan (<-moHlaH'a'>)

At least that's how I interpret it.

I'm not sure I'm being very coherent or clear tonight.

Hopefully a more expert Klingonist can shed some more light on this :)

~mughwI'