[tlhIngan Hol] paq'batlh mu'tlhegh

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 04:29:58 PST 2016

On Dec 19, 2016 10:36, "mayqel qunenoS" <mihkoun at gmail.com> wrote:

De'vID:
> {naDev ghaHtaH} means "he/she is here".

Yes, I can understand this; but if at the above sentence we had the
{-bogh} ({naDev ghaHtaHbogh}), then what would that mean ?

"here where he/she is"

What's difficult about this? {-bogh} turns a sentence into a relative
clause.

{SuvwI' HoHpu'} "he killed the warrior"
{SuvwI' HoHpu'bogh} "the warrior whom he killed"

{naDev ghaHtaH} "he is here"
{naDev ghaHtaHbogh} "here where he is"

What's the difficulty? Is it that you don't accept that the location is the
object of the pronoun/verb?

Consider {pa' 'oHtaH vaS'a''e'}. What role does {pa'} play relative to
{'oHtaH}?

My difficulty in understanding the original paq'batlh sentence,
had/has to do with accepting the {naDev jIHtaHbogh} as a noun.

{[noun] [verb][suffix]bogh} is a noun. What else could it be? This is just
a standard relative clause.

If that sentence went: {DaH naDev jIHtaH meq Saja'}, then I could read
it as "now, the reason of my being here, I will tell you". But the
addition of {-bogh} severely messes me up. It is its presence that I
can't explain.

What you wrote is ungrammatical as a single sentence. The sentence from the
paq'batlh is perfectly formed according to known Klingon grammar and has a
clear meaning.

--
De'vID