[tlhIngan Hol] Because of the ... which it ...

mayqel qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 07:55:55 PST 2016

De'vID:
> {SuvwI'mo' qIpbogh yaS}
> {SuvwI' qIpbogh yaSmo'}
> Are these ambiguous?

You're right. They aren't ambiguous. The {SuvwI'mo' qIpbogh yaS} means
"because of the warrior who was hit by the officer", and the {SuvwI'
qIpbogh yaSmo'} means "because of the officer who hit the warrior".

I realize now, that the "job" which is done by the {'e'} as far as the
marking of the head noun is concerned, can be done by any other type-5
noun suffix, so my problem is solved ! I think that our good captain,
had witten this somewhere in the grammarian's desk too. However I had
forgotten all about it, until I read your examples. thanks !

qunnoH jan puqloD