[tlhIngan Hol] How do you explain {'InSong} ?

kechpaja kechpaja at comcast.net
Sat Dec 10 07:39:33 PST 2016

On Sat, Dec 10, 2016 at 10:19:50AM -0500, Michael Roney, Jr. wrote:
> Speaking of syllables, there are 2,541 possible syllables in Klingon.

How did you arrive at that number? I'm getting 2625 = 21 initials X 5
vowels X (24 finals + null final).

> 1,814 have been used
> 3 of them will never be used.

Two of these are reminiscent of a common expletive referring to
excrement. What's the third, though?

> 724 of them are totally unused.
>
> Breaking down the used syllable count further we see that:
> 205 of them only occur as part of a multi-syllable word
> 30 of them are only used as affixes.
> 28 of them are only found in a name of a place
> 10 of them only occur in a person's name
> 7 of them are only used as the name of a sound/letter
>

> data obtained from yIH'a'na'

Where/what is that? Google deletes the {qaghwI'mey}, so I'm having
tribble finding it (/ducks).

-SapIr