[tlhIngan Hol] How do I say "how much I love (whatever)" ?

qurgh lungqIj qurgh at wizage.net
Fri Dec 9 16:08:49 PST 2016

On Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 3:31 PM, mayqel qunenoS <mihkoun at gmail.com> wrote:

> if I want to ask: "how much do I love souvlakia ?" then how do I say it ?
>
> I can't find a way to say this with {'ar} because this must follow a noun;
> but here the "how much" refers to the verb "love": "how much do I love.."
>
> so, what do we do here ?
>
> qunnoH jan puqloD
> ghoghwIj HablI'vo' vIngeHta'

I don't believe {'ar} works in this situation, since there is no objective
system of measuring love by which to answer the question (AFAIK).

{'ar} is used when you can count "how much" or "how many" there are of a
specific noun.

How much fuel do we have? 10 gallons of fuel. How many people are in the
room? 12 people. How many loves do you feel for Klingon? ...

Instead I'd ask the person if they {par/muS} it or order them to give me
their opinion on it {tlhIngan Hol bopbogh vuDlIj'e' HIja'}.

qurgh