[tlhIngan Hol] Expressing "god damn"

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Fri Dec 9 08:35:40 PST 2016

Am 09.12.2016 um 15:06 schrieb mayqel qunenoS:
> I didn't mean to say "your mother cooked this damn good food"; I meant
> "your mother cooked this god damn food".

Well actually
a) there's not much difference
and
b) you are trying to translate something Klingon has no concept for.

Any expression that Christians use with the word "god" is only to thank
or to curse their God (the "Lord"). Most people do not think about what
it means, they just use it. For instance in German, "Gottseidank"
(literally thanks to god) is used with the same meaning of "fortunately".

Klingons have no gods, so there's not need to curse them in daily speech.

Few days ago, somebody transalted "TGIF" Thanks god it'S friday using
Kahless' name. But that's not canon use.

When speaking Klingon, use {jay'}, -chu' or -qu' to intensify. No god.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh