[tlhIngan Hol] Something on the {vabDot}

nIqolay Q niqolay0 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 09:56:17 PST 2016

The usual assumption is that {vabDot} is an adverbial meaning "even", in
the sense of emphasizing that something unexpected is indeed the case. But
we have no idea for sure, since Okrand's never given us a gloss of the
word. We don't even know 100% what part of speech it is. (Another word in
that sentence, {Qej}, also has an unknown precise meaning, though at least
we know it's a verb because of the -bogh.)