[tlhIngan Hol] To indicate many millenia ago

mayqel qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 08:46:42 PST 2016

Andre Muller:
> I might also accept {ben law'} as many years
> ago, although I'm not sure it works well.

I remember voragh once writing: {ben law'qu'} has been used many times on
this list to indicate "once upon a time".

Now, as far as the three possible choices I wrote are concerned, I think
that they are all valid with the meaning only slightly changing from one to
the other:

{SaD DIS ret law'} = many (thousands of years ago)

{SaD DIS law' ret} = (many thousands of years) ago

{SaD law' DIS ret} = (many thousands) of years ago

If the above analysis is correct, then perhaps this all comes down to
personal preference.

qunnoH jan puqloD
ghoghwIj HablI'vo' vIngeHta'