[tlhIngan Hol] Is the {je} necessary ?

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Sat Dec 3 11:54:48 PST 2016

On 12/3/2016 2:48 PM, mayqel qunenoS wrote:

> I want to say: "this world, this life make me suffer".
>
> the orthodox way of saying this, is of course through the use of {je}:
> {mubechmoH qo'vam yInvam je}
>
> but lets assume I don't want to use the {je}. In this case can I write:
>
> {mubechmoH qo'vam'e' yInvam'e'} ?
>
> In this sentence I have two nouns each carrying the {'e'}. So
> obviously they cannot be forming a noun-noun construction.
>
> as we said, when it comes to nouns with the {'e'}, we don't know if
> the {je} is necessary in order to join them. so, assuming that indeed
> we could leave it aside, the only remaining question is:
>
> is the sentence {mubechmoH qo'vam'e' yInvam'e'} good as is, or do I
> need to add a {bIH} thus writing:
>
> {mubechmoH qo'vam'e' yInvam'e' bIH} ?

Your Klingon is as ungrammatical as your English. "This world, this life
make me suffer" is an informal shortcut. Formally, you need an "and"
between them.

Likewise with the Klingon. If they're to be the subject together, they
need to be conjoined.

*mubechmoH qo'vam yInvam je.
mubechmoH qo'vam'e' yInvam'e' je.*

*qo'vam'e' yInvam'e' [je?] mubechmoH.*