[tlhIngan Hol] Isn't here a {'e'} missing ?

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Fri Dec 2 12:24:49 PST 2016

On 12/2/2016 3:09 PM, mayqel qunenoS wrote:

> Qo'noS romuluS je boSuqlaH. vabDot tera' Qejbogh DIvI' ram boSuqlaH.
> kronos, romulus and even the puny federation's precious earth, are all
> up for grabs.
>
> DaH jIghel:
>
> based on the translation, shouldn't there be a {'e'} shoved up the end
> of {tera'} ? hmm ? shouldn't it ?

A disambiguating *-'e'* in a relative clause is always optional.

> ..and as if things weren't complicated enough, another catastrophe
> occured !
>
> while writing the {HIja' vay'} for "someone tell me", I accidentally
> wrote {yIja'lu'}; however, as soon as I corrected it I was left to
> wonder.. what would that mean ? would that mean "someone (unspecified
> singular) tell him !" ?

I consider it nonsensical.

Remember, when you say *HIja' vay',* you're really saying *HIja', vay'*
/tell me, someone./ You're using direct address; the *vay'* is not the
subject of the sentence. Imperative sentences could even be said not to
have subjects.