[tlhIngan Hol] Ha'DIbaHHom

David Holt kenjutsuka at live.com
Tue Aug 9 18:04:20 PDT 2016

ghItlh 'angghal:

> Focus more on the issue of significance when using -'a' or -Hom. Magnitude isn't just about size, but often connotes importance or relevance.

I would add the note that significance, importance, and relavence are often related to size, especially in the Klingon mind.  Without further context, the first image that pops into my head would, indeed, be a small animal (whether because of species, age, or anomaly).  However, translating the {-Hom} suffix as "small" is a bad habit to get into.  If I saw a targh which stood taller at the shoulders than the average, but was old and weak and had no teeth, I would happily refer to it as a Ha'DIbaHHom.

janSIy